Another Wownero Minetest Mod Update

Started by minerchord, Oct 30, 2021, 04:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minerchord

A while back, I gave a brief update on the Wownero Minetest Mod. At any rate, development has been slow, but the mod is now sufficiently featured to be worth using. Here's a current list of features copy/pasted from the README file on github.

**https://github.com/OPolymechanos/wow**

* Wownero ore
* Wownero coins
  * Coins are mine-able as ore or "mine-able" as random drops using a special pickaxe
  * Coins can be baked in a furnace to create edible coins that give temporary speed/jump boost when eaten
* A special pickaxe
  * Mining with pickaxe gives a small chance of dropping Wownero coins
  * Crafting: Any pick + WOW coin (shapeless)
  * New setting and 'coin fragments' allow for better implementation on pre-existing worlds/servers (see config.lua for settings).
  * NOTE: The wownero coin drop-rate is currently unbalanced with the pickaxe wear, etc. This means that, in its current state, this mechanic will inevitably lead to high levels of monetary inflation on a server environment. On the current settings, the pickaxe will drop 3 coins every 300 blocks broken. One pickaxe will break 182 blocks. Thus, the cost-per-drop is about 1.6 coins in crafting costs for the picks, meaning that players will earn, on average, 1.4 coins in profit every drop.
* Donate Signs
  * Players can place signs containing their wallet address to allow for donations of real WOW outside of the game.
  * Crafting: Wooden sign + WOW coin (shapeless)
  * Minor bug: When a player is editing a sign, it's possible for another player to click on the same sign and receive the same edit privileges as the sign-owner.
* Shop node
  * Shop nodes make it easy to sell items for WOW coins
  * Operate as vending machines and may be set up and checked periodically
  * Crafting: Locked chest + WOW coin (shapeless)

Thanks to all who contributed to make this project possible! It has been a lot of fun.
-Minerchord