Wallet comparisons

Started by martmee, Feb 19, 2021, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ballindigital

Thank you - that worked!

nachomama

You explained it so simply to her that I wanted to say thank you. I'm new to wow as well trying to exchange for it while it's at these prices. My IT guy placed such serious firewalls in my own office that my desktops will not allow me to read Feather's FAQs ("dangerous malware". I would expect that from windows considering.) I guess it's safe to assume Feather is not for mobile but desk or laptops? Was thinking I could try mac at home. Am hesitant to send my BTC to my Ogre and simply leave there while I figure it out. I like to get to a wallet first. Should I assume most hardware wallets are not yet compatible with wow? Thanks so much in advance.

asymptotically

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Quote from: "nachomama, post:17, topic:246"My IT guy placed such serious firewalls in my own office that my desktops will not allow me to read Feather's FAQs ("dangerous malware". I would expect that from windows considering.)

Actually we can blame Google for that. They've just decided that they don't like the Feather binaries and the only easy way of fixing it is to pay hundreds of dollars to someone for a code signing certificate.

Quote from: "nachomama, post:17, topic:246"I guess it's safe to assume Feather is not for mobile but desk or laptops? Was thinking I could try mac at home.

Feather (now Wowlet](https://git.wownero.com/wowlet/wowlet/releases)) only works on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. You can use [MonerujoWOW on Android phones.

Quote from: "nachomama, post:17, topic:246"Should I assume most hardware wallets are not yet compatible with wow?

No hardware wallets are compatible with WOW :( If you're paranoid you can run the wallet with your computer disconnected from the Internet, and then delete all of the files before connecting again.