Command wallet

Started by cyerg, Oct 08, 2021, 03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyerg

Hello. I just synced the command wallet for the first time. Now I am lost. It says to go to help to see command list but there isn't anything about balance, sending, receiving, even logging into my account.. please help. Thanks!

_xxfedexx

Are you sure you're using the command-line wallet and not the command-line daemon?
The daemon is called "wownerod", the wallet "wownero-cli".
You need the daemon running in order to use the wallet.

sc87returns

Hi

I just download the command wallet on PureOS Linux laptop. Sorry if this sound like a silly question, but this is my first time downloading a command wallet and i am very new to Linux. I want to ask, how do I start both the "wownerod" & the "wownero-cli", as I have no clue how to start them up.

Thank you in advance for help :slight_smile:

_xxfedexx

Hello and welcome sc87returns!
You can start both wownero-wallet-cli and wownerod by opening terminal on the current directory (on most graphical linux distros, you do this by rightclicking and then clicking on "open in terminal"), then type `./wownerod` or `./wownero-wallet-cli` and run the command by pressing Enter.

sc87returns

Thanks you for help :slight_smile:
By the way, how do I restore with seed keys? as I cannot find the commands for that.

wow4reedom

Hi @sc87returns , welcome to the Wownero community!
Try this command to restore from seed phrase

```
./wownero-wallet-cli --restore-from-seed
```

4um

./wownero-wallet-cli --restore-deterministic-wallet

trichom

Hello sir,
can you tell me if, by syncing wonerod, any thing is stored in a file on your computer? Like the blockchain or something. Do the folders containing wownerod, wownero-cli, etc have to maintain the same location on the computers in order to work. Can I have them on external storage and plug in any computer. Does it have to maintain the original path?

dsc

Running `wownerod` will sync the blockchain. This blockchain will be stored on your computer. The location depends on your operating system.

- Mac OS and Linux: `~/.wownero`
- Windows: `C:\ProgramData\Wownero\` (I think)

To point to a custom blockchain directory, start `wownerod` with the `--data-dir \path\to\new\dir` option.

In addition, you can use `wownero-wallet-cli` from any location on your system. The only thing that is important is that `wownerod` is also running.

Alternatively `-cli` can connect to a remote node so you can access your wallet without having to run `wownerod` in the background.

trichom

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I needed to know.