How to mine with Wowlet

1. Download install latest version of Wowlet

2. Open Wowlet, click on “View”, click on “Show Mining”

1. Click on “Mining” tab

1. Click on “Downloads” tab

1. Right click on the file for your operating system, select “Download file”, you will get a warning that an external window will be opened, click OK, select Save File, click OK.

1. Open download archive, extract files to your preferred location, click Close

1. Click “Settings” tab, click “Browse”, navigate to the folder of where you extracted the files above

1. Click on “xmrig” and then click Open

1. Click on “Receive” tap, right click on any sub-address, and select “Copy address”

1. Go back to “Mining” tab and paste your address in “Receiving address” field. Add a “username” to the end of address, by adding a period at the end of the address and any name for the miner. It can be whatever name you want. ADDRESS.USERNAME

1. You can adjust the number of threads to mine with sliding bar, if you do not know how many threads your CPU can handle, just leave it at 2. The “Password” part can be removed or left as wowlet.

2. Click on “Mining” tab and then click on “Start mining”

1. To have an estimate how much and when mining rewards are paid out, go to cryptonote.social and enter your miner’s username. You could also checkout the progress leader-board to see how your miner ranks against other miners.

3 Likes

I love the feature and already tried it out but it wouldn’t use the xmrig executable. No biggie though. I used xmrig in Powershell with no problem. I do think I’ll have to accept that my personal computer is a bit underwhelming mining-wise.

I hope this tutorial helps someone new get started.

2 Likes