Efficient way to buy WOW

Hello all!

I’d like to buy some WOW with some FIAT and I was wondering what would be a good way (AFAIK it’s FIAT so not ideal) to do so.
IMPORTANT: I cannot mine WOW (which would be a pretty anonymous way of getting WOW no?)

What I thought of:

1st solution:
Buy LTC from Coinbase with CC and send it to a trading platform (TradeOgre), change it into BTC and then into WOW.
Problem: KYC on Coinbase as well as fees because of the 4 transactions (Coinbase => TradeOgre, LTC=>BTC, BTC=>WOW, WOW to my wallet)

2nd solution:
Buy BTC from an ATM machine with cash (no ID needed but 7% of the amount bought in fees), import into wallet with no KYC (Muun for example), send to TradeOgre, convert to WOW and send to wallet.

After writing it down I kinda feel they’re two very similar solutions…

Either way, what would you recommend and if you have any other solutions, well SHOOTTTT

See you around :slight_smile:

KYC is pretty much only an issue until you exchange into a fungible coin like XMR or WOW and transfer it to your wallet. Personally I’d do something like:

1. Fiat → XMR (KYC no problem here)
  2. Withdraw XMR to wallet (breaks the trail here)
  3. Deposit XMR from wallet to TradeOgre
  4. XMR → BTC → WOW
  5. Withdraw WOW to your wallet

Depending on the amount, the exchange fees might be insignificant. XMR transfer fees are much more… reasonable than BTC or ETH these days.

EDITED to add step 5–can’t forget that last step :grinning:

Hi there!

Thanks for the answer!
What I did was get Stellar Lumens on Coinbase (don’t ask me why I bought Lumens, I don’t know) and then used https://fixedfloat.com/ to convert it into XMR using my wallet address.
I’m in the process of sending it to TradeOgre and do your steps 4. and 5!

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

KYC is an issue until you exchange into XMR or WOW and transfer it to your wallet.

Fiat → LTC (KYC exchange)
Withdraw LTC to Cake wallet
Swap LTC → XMR in Cake wallet
Deposit XMR from wallet to TradeOgre or FreeBitcoins
XMR → BTC → WOW
Withdraw WOW to your wallet

Depending on the amount, the exchange fees will eat some coin.