Wownerod crashes (core dumped) after node is fully synced

Started by wowmoor, May 10, 2021, 12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wowmoor

hello good sirs

i am using archlinux and have installed wownero-git from the AUR

all is good except the daemon crashes no matter what after it has fully synced - doesn't matter if i run it in daemon mode, as a systemd service, in the terminal without any command line options, if i use the wownero user and put the blockchain in /var/lib/wownero or in my normal user account and put the blockchain in ~/.wownero

```
2021-05-10 13:45:27.713 I [131.153.159.26:34567 OUT] Sync data returned a new top block candidate: 315330 -> 315332 [Your node is 2 blocks (10.0 minutes) behind]
2021-05-10 13:45:27.713 I SYNCHRONIZATION started
/usr/include/c++/10.2.0/bits/stl_vector.h:1045: std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::operator[](std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type) [with _Tp = cryptonote::block; _Alloc = std::allocator; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::reference = cryptonote::block&; std::vector<_Tp, _Alloc>::size_type = long unsigned int]: Assertion '__builtin_expect(__n < this->size(), true)' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
```

this is happening on 2 of my PCs and both have arch installed recently. is this a bug anyone else is experiencing or just me?

Version:
`Wownero 'Illiterate Illuminati' (v0.9.3.3-release)`

wowario

I just updated it. try uninstalling and reinstall with clean build.

wowmoor

Just tried uninstalling and then running again with a clean build. Unfortunately, I still get the crash after about 12 minutes on both my laptop and desktop :(

(after the first crash, it crashes after just 1-2 seconds every time - same error message)

wowario

did you try deleting .wownero and re-syncing from 0

wowmoor

wowario

okay. I was also able to reproduce the error in a fresh install of arch. I've open an issue and will look in to it. Thanks for reporting.

For now, you can try downloading the binary from here

https://git.wownero.com/wownero/wownero/releases

wowmoor

based, thank you. i'm glad the issue can be reproduced! i'll try out the binary later, thanks for the help.

wowario

wowario