How To Solo Mine On Your Phone!

Started by dav0h, Mar 24, 2022, 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dav0h

In the spirit of putting fun in fungibility, I present my latest fuck around and find out project: Solo Mining Wownero using a phone! *you will already need a wallet and secret spend key in order to do this.

**Step 1) Download A Terminal for Android**

Since Android runs on Linux*, you really just need a terminal to get to the delicious CPU inside. Termux is the typical go to. I don't care what you use, but for the sake of this tutorial you might need it.

**Step 2) Git Ubuntu-In-Termux**

Cool. So The terminal is running on your phone. Now you need Ubuntu. Copy Pasta time.

• 1) Update termux:

> apt-get update && apt-get upgrade -y

• 2) Install wget:

> apt-get install wget -y

• 3) Install proot:

> apt-get install proot -y

• 4) Install git:

> apt-get install git -y

• 5) Go to HOME folder:

> cd ~

• 6) Download script:

> git clone https://github.com/MFDGaming/ubuntu-in-termux.git

• 7) Go to script folder:

> cd ubuntu-in-termux

• 8) Give execution permission:

> chmod +x ubuntu.sh

• 9) Run the script:

>  ./ubuntu.sh -y

• 10) Now just start ubuntu:

> ./startubuntu.sh

**Step 3) Git Wonero**

So like

> apt update && apt install build-essential cmake pkg-config libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libzmq3-dev libunbound-dev libsodium-dev libunwind8-dev liblzma-dev libreadline6-dev libldns-dev libexpat1-dev libpgm-dev libhidapi-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler libudev-dev git -y

And then

> git clone https://git.wownero.com/wownero/wownero && cd wownero

And then

> make -j2

**Step 4) ??????**

So this overall takes more time to compile than any other part of this. You're playing the hurry up and wait game most of the time. Take this time to read a book, touch grass, do a tiktok dance to save a country. The choice is yours

**Step 5) Profit**

Once everything is compiled, in order to run Wownerod use

> ./wownerod --start-mining YOUR-ADDRESS --spendkey SECRET-SPENDKEY

Happy Mining!

**Note**: I'd highly advise against doing this to your daily driver phone. Only do this if you have e-waste laying around doing nothing. I also don't know about iOS but doubt i would work.

I copied most of this, just put it in the order that worked for me. This could very easily simplified even further.

I'm also not a doctor so this is not financial advice.

Don't hate donate at:
Wo3pyYDxxkg9Mo8Jk591HbPV5P5Ee6NNR5WxySTHzQw7SmNT7AAJrrQbmu8vYhTfkjD8nUAx6cp8gYGrtoFTX7NP2zPbUeiXv