Migration to SuchWowX

Started by lza_menace, Jan 28, 2022, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugbud

I had an similar idea ive been playing around with what if we created new names and brands for WOW so for example we create a "Newfoundland Coin " but theres no new coin its just a WOWnero wallet with the branding changed and a multiplier that reads out every Wow coin in the wallet as 50 "Newfoundland coins" then we create a story about how theres a feeless instant swap between the two but in either case your just sending your wow from one wow wallet to another.

bugbud

swap instantly between 100 coins with WOWnero but in reality its just 100 different brands and denominations of WOW

bugbud

I also think it should be actively encouraged that WOW be used in place of WOWx for privacy concerned users last thing we want is some poor guy making a meme of their countries leader and getting executed because he was found on chain I know its all jokes and fun but its a real concern of mine. I also have been lobbying some fairly big exchanges owners to add Wow and things are going well i wouldnt want WoWx to muddy those waters when i feel we are close to success.

wowgasms

no more suchwow.xyz? :broken_heart: damn, not good.  Looks like I will be out on the streets lookin for a new job soon.  

@lza_menace I appreciate and thank you for all the hard work it took to run suchwow.xyz.  You did an amazing job :pray:

I really hope the suchwow.xyz torch will be passed on to continue the same format because wowX just isn't my thing, I'm all about the old school WOW and the format of suchwow.xyz

We must step up as a team and save suchwow.xyz...I know I would be willing to help out in anyway possible @bugbud sounds like you're up for the challenge too

#SAVEsuchwow.xyz

bugbud

Im glad I just made a habit of saving and archiving good ones looking through my files for comfort im starting to shake I havnt memed in hours. I never thought there could be something worse than waiting on mods but alas there is. Im going to just start posting memes with embedded addresses on reddit idk idk idk what to do man. I told my mom memeing on suchwow was my job man and that it worked she never did the math but this looks pathetic.

bugbud

From the perspective of censorship id rather have the coins main meme site stay on point  and allow anyone to make their own if they so choose than have the entire meme ecosystem on a transparent chain. If 4chan was on AVAX people would self censor because its a transparent chain and it wouldnt have worked out the same. I just dont think transparent chain = censorship resistance

wowario

the memes are on IPFS, not on the actual blockchain

bugbud

The issue is for memes to be truly funny you shouldnt be able to to trace the troll who created them or the troll who tipped them or youll have people lulled into a false sense of security. A meme on IPFS might be hard to take down but if there transactions are transparent itll be easy to trace funds to and from various trolls. So if you post a meme that trashes a world leader thats not kind to that sort of thing sure they cant take it off of IPFS but they can trace the smart chain transactions to and from your wallet.

squishee

Quote from: "wowario, post:9, topic:1139"For the old memes, it would be cool if you could to do an archive dump, sign the hashes, and the community seed torrents.

@lza_menace this would be cool.  only really want the memes for shitposting, don't personally need database or keys

Quote from: "bugbud, post:24, topic:1139"trace the troll who created them

don't really care if its on ipfs so much as whether the frontend to the site can be accessed over Tor without the metamask wallet(maybe a way to sign in with wow cli?).  if the services use ipfs as a storage mechanism to save space does it really matter all that much?  thinking only the server would be talking to ipfs directly and users could use privacy software?

wowario

i have the meme dump and will start a torrent seed for it shortly

bugbud

@lza_menace Can we keep the site running temporarily and transfer it all to another server I can host ? Would you mind if we could also transfer the domain and get a bit of guidance. I really cant use Wowx and none of my memes would be relevant there and id love to just keep mining and memeing original WOW.  I would be willing to offer 2500 WoW or equivalent XMR if youd rather not sell it into our rather shallow market to just help out one of the community members to take over and try to smooth out the transition keeping suchwow.xyz live for a few more days while we make the switch. What do you say?

bugbud

@wowario even if I was included on the multisig for printing Wowx I just wouldnt feel comfortable promoting it to friends or controlling money supply in that way. If I could print coins with no difficulty Id honestly print coins to buy food and medicine for people but alas free energy doesnt exist and id just be robbing peter to pay paul, the POW mechanism is more sound and promotes a mutual end that will work better long term. I would prefer a solution where a user provides a view key and the sub addresses are embedded directly into the images as QR codes so one could just track incoming payments to associated content and sure theres less privacy within that wallet but once the Wownero is moved its still hard to follow and it certainly beats using a transparent chain. One could also track tips to content across platforms.

bugbud

Using view key to add/embed sub address ( qr code ) to image and track the incoming tips allows you to still host on IPFS, custom mastadon instance, webtorrent or allows users to post images anywhere (reddit,twitter, suchwow ect ) while maintaining a list of most tipped content without having any custody over any users funds. Users can get privacy by moving tips out, sure wallet activity is tracked but once moved a few times the privacy is returned to the user and it beats having everything on a transparent smart chain. The only part that is missing that exists in WOWx is the ability for certain users to print additional coins out of thin air and im just not sold on the value of that, It only works by creating additional inflation and ultimately dilution and undermines the work other users do for coins. I like the idea of using dumb not smart solutions, dumb solutions tend to be simpler and better. If we want to add NFTs to the WOW community memes we could use this neat dumb solution using pgp https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2021/12/an-nft-without-a-blockchain-no-gas-fees-no-eth/#comments theres no need for a smart chain.

squishee

lza probably  <3:

@bugbud maybe you could create a bounty on funding.wownero.com

lza has offered to pass the site/database on to someone else in the community