Wownero Rewards on Avalanche network

Started by wowario, Nov 07, 2021, 02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wowario

point taken.

with ETH <-> XMR atomic swap being worked on and a bounty being opened for it to be ported to Avalanche/Wownero, it will eventually be possible to trustlessly atomic swap between any ERC-20 token and WOW, so one could teleport between the PoS and PoW worlds.

yes, the value between the token and WOW is certainly to fluctuate, traders love arbitrage opportunities, it is a free market and people can do whatever they want with their money. However, the main purpose of the token is to support the coin. The token by itself is worthless IMO. Anyone can go on to YouTube and easily learn how to generate an ERC-20 token, it is not rocket science. The real value comes from the team and it's ethos. From day one, Wownero has always been about experimentation and having fun with new tech. Even if WOW were to fall back to a penny, we'll still be here hacking away and making dank ass memes.

wow4reedom

Great point by @supdood , I agree it would be nice to see more incentivizes for running a node/miner.

I know of another project that is a Proof of Stake coin called DIVI and they have a really cool concepts called a "Lottery" program built into their protocol.  

I don't know the exact tokenomics (please don't quote me) but it goes something like this...
the successful miner of the block a 10X reward payout.  The Bonus lottery occurs at a fixed interval in time (say every  1 month). This would increase the emission schedule but would provide a significant reward to the lottery winner.

Could a similar concept as described above be applied to running a node, where a node at random could be selected to receive some WOW tokens.

What do folks think about this idea?

Would this even be possible @wowario / @lza_menace ?

wow4reedom

Quote from: "wowario, post:16, topic:999"From day one, Wownero has always been about experimentation and having fun with new tech. Even if WOW were to fall back to a penny, we'll still be here hacking away and making dank ass memes.

Well said @wowario !

Many of us are here to have some fun and experiment.

I can't speak for others, but I'm here to learn about mining, xmrig, xmrig proxy, linux by diving head first into running a node and mining WOW.

Truth be told, I'm mining at a loss as electricity is very expensive where I live. The reason I'm here is because this project is pushing the boundaries but keeping a privacy at it's core, which is something very very important to humanity.  

For me being part of this project is like being part of the early Bitcoin era (the days when Satoshi was still actively involved). Back then they where just throwing around ideas, testing and experimenting. But in this new era it's different, as WOW has something that BTC doesn't and that's privacy at it's core.  

Also, the beautiful thing about Wownero is it is so very inclusive. You don't need to run expensive ASIC or GPU mining equipment to participate in a chance at "spinning the roulette wheel" to win some WOW.

I can mine using a few old laptops hooked up to Xmrig Proxy.  I don't know of any other project that has such an inclusive and fair mining rewards protocol than Wownero. Hat's off to the core dev team for making the BIG switch earlier this year from Pool Mining to Solo Mining.

I like how @wowario is pushing the boundaries by running with this Avalance staking idea. I think it will be a good way to add some PoS capability to WOW.

However, I never really considered the impact it may have on the underlying locked token, so thanks for bringing this up @chz8494 .

wowario

possible, but I wouldn't want to touch on wownero's emission. the token is a separate thing with it's own supply.

maybe we could open a development bounty to make a lottery web app, which allows node operators to register for a chance to be randomly selected for rewards each month.

To prove ownership over the node's domain name and payment address, operators would add a txt record with their AVAX address to DNS similar to how it is done with OpenAlias for XMR and BTC.

lza_menace

unfortunately, due to the nature of the *nero chains is that we lack any sort of programmatic way to do this in a decentralized way. all of our solutions become centralized utilities and databases. it would require merge-mining sidechains and just becomes a whole complicated mess. this is the reason I'm hyped about this AVAX/ERC talk because that ecosystem is way more flexible and I can write solidity (albeit poorly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:).

lza_menace

Quote from: "wowario, post:16, topic:999"However, the main purpose of the token is to support the coin. The token by itself is worthless IMO. Anyone can go on to YouTube and easily learn how to generate an ERC-20 token, it is not rocket science. The real value comes from the team and it's ethos. From day one, Wownero has always been about experimentation and having fun with new tech. Even if WOW were to fall back to a penny, we'll still be here hacking away and making dank ass memes.

:100: :100: :100:

lza_menace

The crypto future in my opinion will be less about a coin/token doing everything on it's chain, but a collection of chains that work together and you can use the right tool for the job, and atomic swap between them. I'm really pumped about this direction, especially after playing more heavily in the ETH space and seeing all the potential utility we can create.

supdood

What about hosting publicly available remote nodes for reward? Like if the node isn't available a certain percentage of up time? Loss of reward distribution? Wouldn't we be able to verify nodes that way, even through our fyi??

supdood

I need to check my feed settings, I feel like I'm missing damn near everything, holy heck. OKIE DOKIE. :eyes:

wow4reedom

Quote from: "wowario, post:1, topic:999"Lock WOW for 1 year, post your transaction hash and spend proof , receive the equivalent locked amount in rewards.

Hey @wowario , Happy New Year to you!

I locked up some WOW to mint some WOWX over 12 months ago. I do vaguely recall having to run a CLI wallet command to lock up my WOW.

Do I need to run a CLI command to unlock or should it have unlocked my WOW automatically?

Thanks.

lza_menace

it will unlock automatically at a certain block height