How To Mine Wownero With Xmrig Proxy

Started by jrswab, Jul 06, 2021, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbeast

So, now xmrig-proxy is show 10/0 shares, I am guessing that I have found 10 blocks.  None has shown in my wallet at this time.  I have nothing locked pending in my wallet.  Any ideas?  I am running wownerod on 1 pc with xmrig-proxy (the confit for xmrig-proxy has the entry for the secret key) running, and have 4 other systems connected via xmrig to the proxy (xmrig has the secret key entry in the cli), does wownerod need the wallet and secret key flags running?

wownerian

Make sure your wallet is up to date.

lepus516

finally, set the correct miner info. thank guys.

jrswab

wow4reedom

Welcome to the Wownero Community @h0dl3r  , thanks for mining and supporting this project.  Just FYI, I'm experience the exact same issue as yourself, @gordej and @jrswab  - I too am not seeing any hashrate values and it's been nearly 2 weeks.  

This makes me unsure that my miners are even mining correctly and contributing hash power to secure the Wownero network.  

Does anyone have any ideas how (other than Xmrig-proxy) can we check that my miners are all mining correctly?  

If I went to XMrig on my miner and hit the "h" key (for Hashrate) will this be the best way to check that the miner is running correctly?

orklemerkle

Quote from: "wow4reedom, post:35, topic:672"Does anyone have any ideas how (other than Xmrig-proxy) can we check that my miners are all mining correctly?

Other than setting a custom difficulty in xmrig-proxy, you mean?

Quote from: "wow4reedom, post:35, topic:672"If I went to XMrig on my miner and hit the "h" key (for Hashrate) will this be the best way to check that the miner is running correctly?

That works. Also check that your xmrig miner is receiving new jobs at the correct height and difficulty.

wow4reedom

Thanks @orklemerkle,
I modified my config.json to set "custom-diff-stats" from False to True and then just put in a "custom-diff" value of 10000 and viola, I now see hashrate data starting to come through (see below)

WORKER NAME    | LAST IP  | COUNT | ACCEPTED | REJ |  10 MINUTES |    24 HOURS |
    wow3    | 192.168.0.24    |     1 |        7 |   0 |   0.10 kH/s |   0.00 kH/s |
    wow4    | 192.168.0.80    |     1 |        5 |   0 |   0.08 kH/s |   0.00 kH/s |
    wow5    | 192.168.0.25    |     1 |        1 |   0 |   0.02 kH/s |   0.00 kH/s |

THANK YOU!

orklemerkle

Happy to help! BTW, @jrswab has kindly added info about `custom-diff` into the first post above. You might have missed the update :D

P.S. @jrswab you left this bit inside the quote:

Quote from: "jrswab, post:1, topic:672"I'm working on a script to set all this up ***automatically*** so stay tuned for the updates to this post.

jrswab

Thanks for the heads up. All fixed :D

wow4reedom

Quote from: "jrswab, post:1, topic:672"Run Xmrig : `xmrig --spend-secret-key `

I saw a comment on this post that mentions the "spend-secret-key" attribute and value are not needed in the run xmrig command if it's in the XMrig Proxy config.json file, is this correct?  

If so, to reduce confusion, would be wise to remove it from the above quoted section in this guide?

Reason being, having the spend key on each miner may be a possible wallet security issue in the event a mining PC got hacked/stolen.  Your thoughts @jrswab ?

wow4reedom

I wanted to share my delight after more that a week of waiting, unsure if I had everything configured right...  I finally won my first WOW lottery reward!  

For those who wants to see what a "win" looks like, here's a screenshot from my Xmrig Proxy. The highlighted section is when the "share" was won.  

Be patient my fellow WOW miners, don't lose faith, the reward will come.    

Many thanks to @jrswab, @wowario, @wownerian, @orklemerkle and others that answered my myriad of questions and helped me get setup with solo mining using XMrig Proxy.

jrswab

Congrats @wow4reedom !

Happy to see you got it working and are getting rewards.

🤓👍

jrswab

Quote from: "wow4reedom, post:40, topic:672"I saw a comment on this post that mentions the "spend-secret-key" attribute and value are not needed in the run xmrig command if it's in the XMrig Proxy config.json file, is this correct?

I've not tested that so I don't have an answer for you.

If the key is in the config for xmrig you won't need it in the xmrig execution command.

But as far as it being omitted... I don't have an answer for. I'll run some tests on my hardware and see what happens.

wow4reedom

Quote from: "jrswab, post:43, topic:672"I'll run some tests on my hardware and see what happens.

Thanks in advance for running some tests.

Just for clarity, here's my setup...
* I have my spend-secret-key listed in the config.json file of my XMrig Proxy machine.  
* I do not use config.json on my XMrig mining machines, instead I have my spend-secret-key listed in the Xmrig run command via a BASH script.
     Run Xmrig : `xmrig --spend-secret-key  < your key here >`

Hence, if your test can determine if the spend-secret-key  MUST be present on each XMrig mining machine, or whether it only needs to be in the XMrig Proxy config.json file that would be great. Many thanks.

orklemerkle

I personally don't supply the wallet spend key to `xmrig`, only `xmrig-proxy`.

From the code I've seen, the proxy generates a _transaction_ spend key from the _wallet_ spend key, and automatically gives that out to miners that connect to it.

This does imply that the connection between the proxy and the miner should be secured--if an eavesdropper has been listening to those transaction keys, and the miner has solved a block, the eavesdropper too can spend the reward.