Mining rig specs + potential wowvenue

Started by wowmazing, Apr 17, 2021, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wowmazing

Hi,

I'm a total newbie in mining cryptos and I would like to start mining Wownero. Is there some ideal specs for the rig we'll be mining on? Here are the specs of my rig:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 3.5GHz 16 Cores (32 Threads)
ASRock AB350 PRO4 Motherboard
32GB DDR4 Memory
500W Power supply
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 4G Video card

Also is there some kind of calculator to estimate how much we could make, let's say per week, in Wownero with such a rig?

Thanks.

Kontvolkoren

Monero/Wownero is made Asic Resistance, so that basically anyone can start mining, just using their own computer's CPU power. And you've got some nice CPU there. Won't make you rich though, but you'll support the network and I think it's a fun thing to do.

I'm a beginner myself, mining Monero for 3 weeks now. Think I'll make around 0.1 XMR a month with a AMD Ryzen 9 3900X. Also started mining Wownero a few days ago with my laptop(+/- 1kH/s), got 2.7707 WOW($0,78) so far.

I suppose it all depends on your hashrate. Not really sure how everything really works, still figuring it out myself. Maybe someone else can further elaborate?

squishee

Quote from: "Kontvolkoren, post:2, topic:333"Won't make you rich though

unless youu hodlhodl

wowmazing

Interesting... 2.7707 WOW in just a few days. Have you try to use your 3900X rig to mine Wownero? I guess the revenue would be much higher... Do anyone knows if there's a optimal material (ie: CPU+Memory+Power Supply...) combination to reach higher revenues?

Kontvolkoren

Yeah, when my XMR gets payed out I'll start mining WOW instead!