Wowlet Quit Unexpectedly Error Message

Started by msfairym, Aug 14, 2021, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msfairym

Trying to create a desktop wallet on newest Mac OS Big Sur with M1 chip. When I click on the app, it says "wowlet quit unexpectedly" so I can't make a wallet. Any clues on how to fix this? So appreciate it! Be Wow'ed

qvqc

welcome and thanks for reporting! can you launch from terminal and copy error output here?

msfairym

hi-thanks. the report is quite long- are there any specific parts of it that will help explain why this error?

qvqc

not sure what to expect on mac. error/crash is probably close to the end of output. maybe it is similar to this issue, https://git.wownero.com/wowlet/wowlet/issues/76

msfairym

Termination Signal:    Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process:   exc handler [10617]

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

I think this was the closest to the output you mentioned. does this help? I could also just do a web wallet in the meantime? of course it is not the same but at least it is a wallet? thx so much for ur help. sadly I'm not as tech savvy but I love WOW

dsc

Apple M1 is ARM architecture right? Wowlet for Mac OS is built for x86_64 not ARM64.

orklemerkle

Perhaps it has something to do with Rosetta 2 being incompatible with certain instruction set extensions?

msfairym

in that case, what would be the best solution? to just do the desktop wallet? :/ seems to be the best option since I do not know how to fix this issue, I am not so tech savvy to do that, thx everyone!!!

asymptotically

Do any WOW developers have an M1 Mac yet?