Error Running HeroMiners Script

Started by lando365, Dec 31, 2020, 09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lando365

Hi, I am running the herominers script as shown on the website. The code is below. I am also getting this error. I'm sure it's something obvious but cannot resolve. Any help appreciated.
Error = Invalid address used for login [randomwow]

```
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100   
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1   
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100   
setx GPU_ENABLE_LARGE_ALLOCATION 100
setx GPU_MAX_WORKGROUP_SIZE 1024

@echo off
cd %~dp0
cls

SRBMiner-MULTI.exe --algorithm randomwow --pool wownero.herominers.com:10661 --wallet YOUR_WOWNERO_WALLET_ADDRESS --password YOUR_WORKER_NAME
pause
```

asymptotically

Just checking but did you replace `YOUR_WOWNERO_WALLET_ADDRESS` with your Wownero wallet address? It should begin with the characters `Wo4`.

lando365

Hi, thanks for the reply. I am using the feather wallet and the address starts with 2 numbers and is a random string.

asymptotically

Sounds like you've copied something else by mistake. Addresses begin with `Wo` (normal addresses) or `So` (subaddresses).

lando365

OK I tried a different wallet and got an address starting with Wo.

It's now working!

Thanks for your support.

QQ...first time mining (noob) is it actually worth mining this coin with CPU?

asymptotically

Yes, CPU is the way to go for Wownero! :)

What CPU have you got, and how many hashes per second (H/s) are you getting? It might be worth going with XMRig over SRBMiner (don't worry, it's just as easy to configure)

lando365

I've got a Ryzen 9 3900x

Current Hash Rate: 9.08 kH/sec

Is this any good?

lando365

I joined a pool for mining also...assumed this was the best way to go?

asymptotically

Quote from: "lando365, post:7, topic:162, full:true"I've got a Ryzen 9 3900x

Current Hash Rate: 9.08 kH/sec

Is this any good?

You should be able to get nearly double that. I get 16.5 kH/s with very minimal tweaking. Try XMRig, run it as administrator, reboot, and then run it as administrator again so that it can perform some tweaks (huge pages, msr to disable prefetcher).

Quote from: "lando365, post:8, topic:162, full:true"I joined a pool for mining also...assumed this was the best way to go?

A pool gives you more consistent and predictable earnings, but in the end it doesn't really matter. That is, if you had two identical computers, one mining on a pool and one mining solo, they should earn the same amount of WOW after a long enough period of time.

lando365

Quote from: "asymptotically, post:9, topic:162"XMRig

OK great I'll give XMRig a go. Thanks for your help, much appreciated and Happy New Year!

lando365

Downloaded and AV is saying infected with Win64:CoinminerX-gen [Trj]

Looked it up and looks a legit Trojan

lando365

asymptotically

Quote from: "lando365, post:10, topic:162"Thanks for your help, much appreciated and Happy New Year!

Happy new year to you, and good luck mining!

Quote from: "lando365, post:11, topic:162, full:true"Downloaded and AV is saying infected with Win64:CoinminerX-gen [Trj]

Looked it up and looks a legit Trojan

This is because malware authors have started to bundle XMRig with their malware so that they can mine on their victim's computers. You will need to add it to your AV's exclusion list.

If you want to be sure, double check the hashes and signatures of the files you've downloaded, but I'm unsure how to do this on Windows. You could also compile XMRig yourself, that way you can be certain (also you can edit `src/donate.h` to get rid of the 1% donation :wink:).

asymptotically

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.